French Bulldog/French bulldog for sale
The French bulldog puppies (French: bouledogue or bouledogue français) is a breed of domestic dog, bred to be companion dogs. The French bulldog puppies near me breed is the result of a cross between Toy Bulldogs imported from England and local ratters in Paris, France, in the 1800s. They are stocky, compact dogs with a friendly, mild-mannered temperament.
- Hypoallergenic: No
- Life expectancy: 10 – 14 years
- Place of origin: France
- Colors: White, Fawn, Brindle, Tan, Brindle & White
- Temperament: Easygoing, Affectionate, Lively, Sociable, Keen, Patient, Bright, Playful, Alert, Athletic
- Origin: France, England
The breed is popular as a pet: in 2019, they were the second-most popular registered dog in the United Kingdom, and the fourth-most popular AKC-registered dog breed in the United States. They were rated the third-most-popular dog in Australia in 2017. In 2019 in the United Kingdom, the French Bulldog had 375 export pedigrees and a total of 33,661 registered dogs. By comparison, the Labrador Retriever had over 35,000 dogs and the Cocker Spaniel fewer than 22,000
French Bulldog features
- French Bulldogs do not need a lot of exercises, but they do need daily walks to keep them at a healthy weight.
- French Bulldogs do not handle heat very well and need to be monitored on hot days to ensure that they don’t overexert themselves.
- French Bulldogs can be easy to train, but they can also be stubborn. Be firm and patient when training this breed.
- If you value cleanliness the French Bulldog may not be the dog for you, since he is prone to drooling, flatulence, and some shedding. He can also be difficult to housetrain.
- French Bulldogs can be a quiet breed and are not known as a breed that barks frequently although there are exceptions to every rule.
Because they don’t tend to be excessive barkers, French Bulldogs make exceptional apartment dogs.
- Although it is important to always supervise young children and dogs when they are together, the French Bulldog does very well with children.
- French Bulldogs make wonderful watchdogs, but they can become territorial. They also like being the center of attention, which can lead to behavioral problems if they are overindulged.
- French Bulldogs are companion dogs and thrive when they have human contact. They are not a breed that can be left alone for long periods or left outside to live.
- French bulldog for sale near me, to get a healthy dog, never buy a puppy from an irresponsible breeder, puppy mill, or pet store.